FTPSearch is java-written fully functional ftp indexing engine that
allows you to garther information from many ftp's and store them in
local place in database.
Main FTPSearch features are:
- 100% pure java code - can be runned under Linux,FreeBSD,Windows, etc...
- Data stored in DBMS (currently - PostgreSQL, MySQL) and can be extracted with any client available to connect them...
- You can configure many parameters for each ftp (proxy, rescan time, number of tries, number of threads to explore,etc...)
- FTPSearch can scan different ftp at sane time due threading support
- Microsoft-like and Unix-like ftp support
- Both Green and Native java threads are supported
- FTPSearch can use multiple connection to explore same ftp
- FTPSearch supports HTTP & SOCKS proxy
- It can handle links structure to avoid duplicate directories and cycles
- It can restore position of scanning during crashes and manual stop.
- FileLogging & ConsoleLogging system with logging level
Things to do in nearest future:
- Heavy test...
- HSQL, MSSQL or Oracle support - porters wanted.
Things to do:
- Probably, distributed indexing system.
Things to do permanently: bug fixing and speed improvement. :-) FTPSearch is on alfa stage of development so it need much more testing for release a stable version. You can always help me by your suggestions. Use public forums.